THE STORY OF FAITH – THE SUBSTANCE.
WHAT IS FAITH? * OWN FAITH IS TO SURRENDER VIA CHRIST TO GOD TO HAVE PEACE WITH HIM (ROM. 5:1) – AS YOU…
*FAITH IS THE UNION OF ‘TRUST & BELIEVE’. * BELIEVE ALONE IS NOT FAITH IN GOD. IT IS MAN WHO REGARDS IT AS FAITH.
* WHY TRUST? * TO ENSURE CONSISTENCY OF SOURCE (MAL.3:6). E.G. GOD IS INFALLIBLE TO HIS OATH (IS. 45:22-23), SEEN AT (1TIM. 6:16). ALSO, HE CANNOT LIE (NUM. 13:19), ETC. ALL ATTEST HIS WORD IS EVER UNFAILING (EPH. 1:3-11).
* WHY BELIEVE? * TRUST EARNED GOD OUR CONFIDENCE TO ADMIT HIS WORD IS TRUTH (JOHN 17:17) & INDISPUTABLE.
* THE UNION OF ‘TRUST & BELIEVE’ IS KNOWN AS OUR FAITH IN GOD (EPH. 1:13-15). FAITH HAS TWO STAGES & TWO LEGS. STAGE & LEG
1. * GOD’S SELF-COUNSEL BY OATH TO HIMSELF (IS. 45:22-23). * IN EDEN SIN AWAKEN MAN OF ‘SIN NATURE & DEATH’. * BUT BY JESUS’ CROSS & HIM CRUCIFIED, GOD FORGAVE MAN THE PAST SIN FOR EATING OF THE EVIL TREE (ROM. 3:25). * SO, GOD SAVED ALL. IT IS THE COMMON FAITH & SALVATION OF MAN (JUDE 3). BORE A NEW CREATION OF IMAGE OF CHRIST’S GLORY IN CHRIST; PERFECT BORN-AGAIN (2COR. 5:17). * HE REPRESENTS HUMANITY OF ‘EMBODIED truth’, WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST (1COR. 12:27). HE SITS IN & WITH CHRIST IN HEAVENLY PLACES (EPH. 2:6).
* NEXT, GOD GAVE EACH MAN THE SAME MEASURE OF FAITH (ROM. 12:3). IT IS BY IT & VIA CHRIST WE ACCESS & STAND IN GRACE TO REJOICE IN HOPE OF GOD’S GLORY (ROM. 5:2).
* BY IT GOD CALLED EACH ONE TO HEAR HIS VOICE (2TIM. 1:9.
STAGE 2: *FAITH OF OWN SUBMISSION TO GOD BY CHOICE.
* GOD APPOINTED A TIME ONCE FOR MEN TO DIE (GEN. 2:17).
* THOUGH ONCE FORGIVEN VIA COMMON SALVATION, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE TO BE SAVED. * SO, IT’S UP TO YOU TO
USE YR FREE WILL & SUBMIT TO OR DENY GOD (DEUT.30:19).
* ONCE YOU BELIEVE & ENDURE TO END YOU WILL BE SAVED FOREVER. BUT OFFENCES MUST COME. THE UNREPENTANT GOD WILL BLOT HIS NAME FROM BOOK OF LIFE- (EX.32:33).
* IN THE INTERIM YOU WORK OUT SALVATION OF YOUR SOUL (PHIL. 2:12) – DROP OLD BAGGAGE, LIVE FOR GOD ALONE.
* MEASURE YR FAITH BY GOD’S POWER WORK (MK. 11: 22-26)
* JESUS IS AUTHOR & FINISHER OF OUR FAITH (HEB. 12:2).
* THE rock IS FOUNDATION OF JESUS’ CHURCH & FAITH IS PACKAGED IN IT, BEING GOD’S word, truth, & JESUS’ BODY – INSET. NOW faith & truth ARE UNSEEN. BUT JESUS’ CROSS IS SEEN. * SO, JESUS’ CROSS & HIM CRUCIFIED (1COR. 2:2) WE SEE, IS THE FLESH OF truth & OBJECT OF FAITH IN GOD.
* SO, MAN’S BODY CARRYING OWN CROSS IS SAME BODY OF JESUS, HIS CHURCH. IF OF truth, IT’S A THING OF FAITH.
*FAITH ENDS WHEN SOUL RECEIVES SALVATION (1PET.1:9).
*ALL WILL ONCE BE MADE PERFECT LIKE JESUS (HEB. 11:40)
*THEN BE CO-HEIRS & MAN’S FAITH WILL END (ROM. 8:17). SO, JESUS AUTHORED FAITH FOR MAN TO HEAR HIS VOICE & BE OF truth & ENDED IT AS MAN GET STATURE OF truth. Truth TOGETHER FORM BODY OF CHRIST, THE ROCK, WHO PLEADED ONENESS WITH GOD (JOHN 17:21). Emphasis. CON’TD
Telling the story of Faith – The substance, unseen aspect.
Welcome to RTGF. My name is Dr Danson Ubebe, Bible Teacher & Author. This is the 20 th episode of our teaching series.
Topic – Telling the story of Faith – Today we will look at the substance, the invisible aspect.
Objective – To highlight the pros and cons in the knowledge of faith in God and the effect.
Text: Scripture defined faith as, now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb. 11:1). This faith is about man’s total salvation – from saved to the salvation of the soul and the giving of glorious body. So, the just shall live by faith (Rom. 1:17). But today many appear to lose sight of this faith. Instead, some covet by faith, some claim by faith what preachers declare hypothetically to be blessings of God. Some even desire and claim by faith ownership of other peoples’ properties, etc. Certainly, without faith it is impossible for man to please God, etc. (Heb. 11:6). And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Rom. 10:17). But it must be the truth you hear. So, it is necessary you first know
what is the truth? End intro.
At the end of this lesson, you will be better informed about:
1. What faith is, and the two stages and legs of faith.
2. How Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith.
3. A perfect man does not live life by faith in a glorious body.
4. Faith leads man to attain personality of truth in Christ, The Spiritual Rock.
5. Faith in God is a divine gift to blind man who only exist by sleep and wake, without life and hope, for him to link to real life and light in Christ (John 1:4). Faith put man at the mercy of God to stand in grace to get grace to help in time of need (Heb. 4:16). So, faith in God is different from faith in man.
* Emphasis. Continue with Board. End emphasis.
QUOTE: Justification by faith (ROM. 5:1).
“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace withGod through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
Emphasis (Commentary). Having faith in God through Christ put us at the mercy of God to blot out our offences. This reconciled the Jews and Gentiles to work together as one in righteousness, with Jesus as our peace (Eph. 2:14). The effect of the work is quietness and assurance (of being co-
heirs with Christ) (Continue on the Board). End emphasis.
QUOTE: God is the Justifier and the genesis of talk and do. (Is. 45:22-23). And He declared,
“Look to Me, and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself; the word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall take an oath.”
Emphasis (Commentary). To fulfill His oath, God incarnated on earth. He lived life in the flesh with Jesus as the façade (1Tim. 6:16). Now Jesus is the Word and is the living tabernacle, unlike the material ark of testimony under the law. So, when you bow to Jesus, or do praise worship, etc. you are doing it to God. By it, God fulfilled His oath (Phil. 2:10-11). He sees everything done in the open or in the secret or in the flesh. This shows the difference between believe in God and in man, who does not know the state of ‘the hearts of others. (Continue on the Board) End emphasis.
QUOTE: Riddle of man sealed by Holy Spirit. (Eph. 1:13-15).
“In Him you also trusted, after you heard “the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory. Therefore, I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers.”
Emphasis (Commentary). First, the saved humanity of truth has been sealed completely, with the soul as purchased possession. Each believer’s soul is being renewed by the Spirit of the Lord (2Cor. 4:16) till maturity to the fullness of the stature of Christ, who is the substance (2Cor. 3:18). So, he is sealed for long suffering and assurance of inheritance, in hope of enduring to the end. It is like when you believed you were automatically
saved as a member of the saved humanity. So, you must first endure to the end to get benefit of being sealed. Meanwhile, you are a living stone being built a spiritual house. Only souls who receive salvation will be members of the body of truth (1Pet. 2:4-5), to receive inheritance. (Continue on the Board). End emphasis.
QUOTE: The new man we must put on to be perfect (Jude 3).
“Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation (and common faith), I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints.”
Emphasis (Commentary). By the common salvation and faith, the new man of truth was created from the man God created in the beginning. Our task is to co-operate with the Holy Spirit to make us of truth. It starts by believe in Jesus and stand by gospel of the cross of Jesus and Him crucified (Gal. 6:14). Desire and renew your mind with the knowledge and understanding and wisdom of the word of God. Submit to God and steadily reject the way you think and believe before and start to think and believe God’s word. (Continue on the Board). End of emphasis.
QUOTE: It’s wrong to say one is the righteousness of God and consciously commit sin. (Ex. 32:33).
“And the Lord said to Moses, “whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book.” Again, God declared:
“So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth (Rev. 3:16).”
Emphasis (Commentary). Every soul belongs to God. And He had declared that the soul who sins shall die (Ezek. 18:4). So, avoid evil once you believe. There is no half measure in the service of God. Do not be deceived by any deceived famous or unpopular preachers. (Continue on the Board) End emphasis.
QUOTE: Until man is made perfect, he cannot be wholly born- again (HEB. 11:39-40).
Referring to the heroes of faith, God declared; “And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect apart from us.”
Emphasis (Commentary). The promise made by God to man is eternal life (1John 2:25). Salvation by Jesus Christ gives man the right of co-heirs with Christ Jesus, against the blessing through Abraham and other Patriarchs. (Continue on the Board). End emphasis
QUOTE: Jesus’ Intercessory prayer. (John 17:21-22).
‘’that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in me, and I in You, that they also be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me, and the glory You gave me I have given them, that they be one just as We are one.’’
Emphasis (Commentary). The last prayer of Jesus to God was the report of His finished work of reconciliation of all classes of people. It pleaded the course of Jews and Gentiles to be reconciled as one and be one with Him and God too (Gal. 3:28). Finally, pleaded for mercy that the world may believe for His sake. End lesson.
(All References are from New King James Version (NKJV) of Holy Bible. All rights Reserved).
Finally, we thank God for His grace and the Spirit of truth He gave to us to know the truth. We encourage you to ask questions where necessary. It is one way to learn. Use our contact below. The electronic copy of this lecture is available on demand. God bless you for your time. Till next Episode, it’s goodbye from me, Dr. Danson Ubebe; Bible Teacher and Author.
Website: www.returntogodforum.com. WhatsApp Number: 234(0)8063319558.
Email: email@example.com. YouTube:
Face book: returntogodforum. Twitter: @Return2GodForum.