Introduction. Hello Audience! Welcome to RTGF TV program. This is Episode 9 of the ROOT Series; “know the truth and enter by the door before He is shut (Rev 3:7-8).” Our title today is: Revealed! The Church Jesus established. To worship God in spirit and truth (John 4:24) requires revelation knowledge of the rock Jesus build His church on, and the character of the church (Mt. 16: 13-20).
My Name is Dr. Danson Ubebe; Teacher and Author.
Topic. Understanding the; rock, truth, and church.
Objective: To lay a sound foundation for the worship of God.
On decoding the riddle of the rock, the truth which came through Jesus, and the church Jesus built on the rock, we found them interwoven. They are of the Spirit and of Christ Jesus known according to the Spirit (2Cor. 5:16). Thus, the Lord Jesus Christ is the universal head of His church. He never committed Himself to man for He knows all things (John 2:24-25)
So, what are the rock, truth, and church?
A wrong diagnosis of the rock will produce wrong results. Figuratively, Jesus is the Rock (1Cor. 10:4) – ref. insert. Physical Rock is made up of units of rock. So, what is Jesus made up? The answer is the rock Jesus build His church on. Till now, two major schools of views about what the rock is, exist – The Catholics and Non-Catholics. What are their views?
* According to Catholics, Peter is the rock. But is contrary to scripture. How?
– The rock is a unit of the build of Rock which Jesus is. So, rock portrays the body of Jesus.
– But Peter is a creature, prevented by death from continuing in office, like the priest under the law (Heb. 4:23-24).
– Also, Peter means Petros; a piece of stone, which is different from rock – see inserts.
– Though, Jesus made Peter overseer of His sheep (John 21:17), He did not commit Himself to him (John 2:24-25).
– So, Peter is not the rock Jesus meant.
- Non-Catholics’ views:
*They believe the rock is the pronouncement that: Jesus is the Christ; the Son of the living God.
– But this was not a new revelation, for the bible had said so: “…You are My Son, today I have begotten You” (Ps. 2:7); Also, God said: “… For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord (Lk. 2:11).”
– But they are close, except rock refers to body precisely.
– So, Non-Catholics’ views are not the rock too.
If the views of both schools are wrong, what is the rock? If we can find the rock, we can find the church He promised to build on it. To do this, we need to know what God revealed to Peter, and then compare the relationship between the Rock and Jesus.
Finding the rock.
– In the physical, units of rock build the Rock – insert.
– God affirmed to Peter what the bible already disclosed.
– So, the revelation is an affirmation of scripture that Jesus is the ‘truth’ (John 14:6). Jesus kept the disclosure secret from the public till after His resurrection (Mat. 16:20).
The reason is that it was not the appointed time for them to know.
Moreover, it helped Him to avoid the prying eyes of authority on branding Him as an impostor of the son of David and of the king of the Jews.
– It means Jesus is the living Stone rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him who believed Jesus;
disciples of Christ, who like living stones are being built into a spiritual house (1Pet. 2:5), which is the truth God
revealed to Peter.
– So as units of the “rock” form the body of the Rock, so entities of “truth” form the body of Christ – ref. insert.
– So, truth is the rock Jesus sworn to build His church on.
This is wow! It clears every uncertainty about what Jesus meant by; “Quote.” “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Man and drinks His blood, you have no life in you…. “This is the bread which came down from heaven.… (John 6:53-58). “Unquote.”
- But what is truth?
– Truth is alive word that comes out of the mouth of
God. E.g. Jesus (John 1:1, 14). By the way the word Jesus Christ speaks to us are spirit and they are life (John 6:63).
But the natural man cannot perceive the things of the Spirit of God because they are spiritually discerned (1Cor. 2:14). To bridge the gap Jesus Christ gave the Holy Spirit to the man (John 20:22). Thus, the Holy Spirit reveals the things of God to the spirit of man. Therefore, whoever hears and abides in the voice of Christ Jesus is truth. What is revealed to man is for him to build on the foundation of who is Jesus Christ, and which is the tradition Paul laid (1Cor. 3:9-11). This stands Paul out as the father of grace (1Cor. 4:15). Paul was indeed the uniting apostle as Peter also testified to (2Pet. 3:15).
Now that we know both the rock Jesus promised to build His church on is and what is truth, our next task is to find what the church is.
- Finding the church Jesus built on truth.
- Jesus incarnated to bear witness (Is. 55:4) to the
fulfillment of the law (Mt. 5:17) and to testify to:
- the truth and
- make truth known as the new covenant in His blood that whoever is of truth hears His voice (John 18:37).
- Everyone who hears and believes in the word of truth is of God (John 8:47).
- But whoever is of God is the sheep of Christ, and the sheep is His body (John 10:27).
- According to scripture, the body of Christ is known as the Church – The hearer of the voice of Jesus who is His sheep (John 10:27-28). The sheep is who follows and abides in Him. He depicts human face to truth as a living stone, and is the object of church of Christ Jesus.
- So the church of Christ is known by morals, not edifice.
- Moreover, truth is the power of God for man to continue in the doctrine and fellowship of the apostles, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers (Acts 2:42).
- It means truth is the common cup of communion of the blood of Christ and the bread which we break as the communion of the body of Christ at the Lord’s Supper or Eucharis. So, believers worldwide are one bread and one body and partake of the same one bread – the truth (1Cor. 10:16-17).
- To follow and believe in Christ is a type of communion in letters (John 6:35).
- A man is said to eat the Lord’s Supper unworthily if He does not know the purpose of the church and the faithfulness of believers’ oneness in Christ (1Cor. 11:27-31). So, it requires the pure heart to eat the Lord’s Supper a pure heart.
- If we know the truth, it will make us free and be one sanctified by the word of God (John 17:16-21).
- Thus the church of Christ is the incarnation of the truth which came through Jesus (John 1:17).
- The church represents the human face of the way, truth and the Life; who Jesus is – exhibited by first Century disciples and were first called Christians for they walked like Jesus (Acts 11:26). The gathering of churches, emphasizes our oneness in Christ Jesus.
- In conclusion, truth is the pillar of faithfulness to our-oneness in Christ Jesus. It is the similar way grace is the pillar of our salvation
The church is personified by godly morals. Only the word of God is revered. Every member is equal despite personal status and there is no difference (Gal. 3:28-29). No place for regulations and rules of men (Col. 2:20-23). All obey scripture to agree and speak with one voice (1Cor. 1:10) and to work in unity and care for one another, looking on to Jesus Christ alone (Acts 4:32-37).
(All References are from New King James Version (NKJV) of Holy Bible. All rights Reserved).
We have presented this revelation knowledge in a manner for you to see and hear scripture speaks to you and not voice of men Jesus never committed Himself to. The CD & DVD of RTGF Episodes are available via www.returntogodforum.com. Thanks, and God bless you for your time. Till next, Episode it’s goodbye from Dr. Danson Ubebe; Teacher and Author.
TO VIDEO TEAM: (i). Show these books plus the links:
- “DOOMED CHRISTIANITY & UNSHAKABLE LIFELINE”. Published
by KDP, August 2019. http://bit.ly/amazon-doomed-christianity-book.
- “WHY ARE WE HERE?” Published by Advantage Books, June 2020.
The books contain thorough knowledge of grace, born-again, where Garden of Eden is, origin of Celestial and Terrestrial bodies, man is spirit because of his origin and not because of his spirit component, tithing, what God means by He created man; male & female (Gen. 1:27), etc.
To receive updates of video, subscribe to our YouTube channel below.
To read expanded essay form of the video find the blog at our website below.
To order CD/DVD of Episode(s) and the paperback of the books or watch videos or read expounded blog messages Visit www.returntogodforum.com.
Subscribe to “Return to God Forum YouTube account” for updates.
Fbook: returntogodforum. Website: www.returntogodforum.com. Whatsapp Number: 234(0)8063319558. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twitter: @Return2GodForum. Instagram: dansonubebe.